Event Time and Date
7 Days until this Event
Welcome to President Training! What do you need to know?
- Your group's president will have to attend this session as part of your registration. If the president cannot attend, an appointed proxy (replacement representative) may attend; please RSVP using the Proxy ticket type.
- The session will take approximately three hours from start to finish.
- You should bring a pen, a notebook, anything you need to take notes!
- The session will involve time for networking, so bring business cards or group materials if you have any!
- We will be providing a meal. If you have any restrictions, please indicate in your registration!
- If you show up more than 15 minutes after the beginning of the session, you won't be able to attend.
As part of the new President's Training Program, we will offer a variety of breakout sessions on different topics. As part of your RSVP ticket order, please sign up for ONE of the following:
- Leadership 101: learn the basics of self awareness in leadership, adaptive leadership practices, and what to expect from your year. Recommended for first-time Presidents and executive team members.
- Self Care and Burnout Prevention: learn about how to recognize burnout in yourself and others, and discover strategies for self care to make the most of your year while being mindful of your health needs.
- Managing Conflict - Making Conflict Constructive:learn additional skills for managing conflicts and disagreements in your student group, and how it can make your club even stronger!
- Diversity and Inclusion in Clubs: Learn about the importance of making clubs safe spaces for all, and some best practices for welcoming wide varieties of students to join your membership.
- Facilitating Effective Meetings: learn more about how to maximize your meeting time with your clubs with agendas, various meeting structures and strategies.
Make sure you sign up fast! Sessions have a tendency to fill up quickly.
To Be Announced