Event Time and Date
6 Days until this Event
All members of executive teams are welcome to join the president at the training session! This way, your club can also gain additional knowledge by attending more than one concurrent session (see below)!
- The session will take approximately three hours from start to finish.
- You should bring a pen, a notebook, anything you need to take notes! The session will involve time for networking, so bring business cards or group materials if you have any!
- We will be providing a meal. If you have any restrictions, please indicate in your registration!
- If you show up more than 15 minutes after the beginning of the first session, your attendance will not be counted.
- As part of the new President's Training Program, we will offer a variety of breakout sessions on different topics.
Reserve your spot on Eventbrite:
**NOTE: The training session that your group should attend to avoid being frozen is indicated in the APPROVAL message for your student group registration. if you are unsure if when you are supposed to complete this training, please contact SGS.
For NEW GROUPS, please wait until your student group registration application has been APPROVED before registering for President's or Treasurer's Training. **
As part of your RSVP ticket order, select a concurrent session to attend after SGS's presentation. The sessions offered will be as follows:
- Leadership 101: learn the basics of self awareness in leadership, adaptive leadership practices, and what to expect from your year. Recommended for first-time Presidents and executive team members.
- Burnout Prevention and Self Care: learn about how to recognize burnout in yourself and others, and discover strategies for self care to make the most of your year while being mindful of your health needs.
- Managing Conflict - Making Conflict Constructive: learn additional skills for managing conflicts and disagreements in your student group, and how it can make your club even stronger!
- Diversity and Inclusion in Clubs: Learn about the importance of making clubs safe spaces for all, and some best practices for welcoming wide varieties of students to join your membership.
- Facilitating Effective Meetings: learn more about how to maximize your meeting time with your clubs with agendas, various meeting structures and strategies. This session will focus primarily on an overview of Robert's Rules of Order (aka Parliamentary Procedure), and practice.
In the event of low enrolment, some breakout sessions may be cancelled. If this is the case, you will be informed of the breakout session you will be attending when you sign in at President's Training.
Edmonton Clinic Health Academy